If you have been injured in a car wreck, fall or work-related accident, you may have suffered traumatic brain injury (TBI). Brain injuries can also result from accidents such as near drowning, that cause a lack of oxygen to the brain, events that cause a lack of blood flow to the brain such as massive blood loss or heart attack, or exposure to toxins such as carbon monoxide or lead. Although we tend to associate brain injuries with accidents involving great force, such as car and sports accidents, brain injury can be involved in a very wide range of personal injury cases. To recover the full compensation you need to cover the costs of your brain injuries for the rest of your life, you need the help of an attorney who has experience handling brain injury claims and cases involving the type of accident or incident that caused your injuries.
Common Causes of TBI
Common causes of TBI include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Sports injuries
- Violence including gunshot wounds
The type of lawsuit you will need to pursue in order to recover compensation for your brain injury will depend on how and why the accident occurred. For instance, a brain injury cause by falling could be the result of:
- Slip and fall in a place of business leading to a premises liability lawsuit
- Lack of supervision in a hospital leading to a medical malpractice suit
- Structure collapse due to faulty materials leading to a product liability lawsuit
- A fall in the workplace leading to a Worker’s Compensation claim and possible third-party personal injury suit
If you or someone you love has suffered a brain injury as a result of someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing or a defective product, please call the Law Office of J. Clay McCaslin at 503-239-1910 or email us today and schedule your free initial consultation.